The ‘Transforming Mobility and Immobility: Brexit and Beyond’ IMISCOE Spring Conference will take place on 28-29 March 2019 in Sheffield, UK.
This conference is organised by the Migration Research Group (MRG) at the University of Sheffield in collaboration with the Centre of Migration Research (CMR) at the University of Warsaw and IMISCOE. It is supported by the Noble Foundation’s Programme on Modern Poland.
We welcome paper proposals from various disciplines, theoretical and empirical oriented, case-studies and comparative and with relevance to the UK, Europe and beyond on the following themes:
- Shifting mobility and migration policy regimes
- Ordering and re-ordering of (im)mobile subjects in shifting regimes: gendered, classed and racialised implications
- Rescaling borders and everyday bordering
- Bottom-up strategies of individuals and groups to negotiate and resist borders
- Social transformation through migration: countries of origin and countries of living perspectives
- New and emerging patterns of migration and mobility
- Multicultures in place and understandings of integration in local contexts
- Understanding and responding to the politicisation of borders and migration
For more information, and how to submit your proposal, see here.
Monday 3rd September 2018 – Friday 7th September 2018, Warsaw, Poland
More information here.
Migration Research @ Sheffield hosts approximately three or four workshops across the Faculty of Social Sciences throughout each academic year. The workshops will gather researchers and experts on migration, refugee and citizenship studies across a wide range of disciplines. A call for funding proposals for the academic year of 2017/18 will be distributed in October or November of 2017.